Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Achieving Different Looks w/Erin Blegen

Hey everyone :)~ Erin Blegen here with you today to share with you three different projects, all using the same paper collection but achieving different looks using Blue Fern Studios chipboard! We've got a lot to get through, so let's get started :)...

"Lilah"
This project was created on an 8"x10" canvas. I love this beautifully soft photo of my niece Lilah, so I wanted to create a romantic piece with lots of stamping and bursts of color. Let's take a closer look at the Blue Fern Studios chipboard used here:

I've used pink crackle paint on the Princess Window piece before smattering with microbeads. Then I topped it off with a piece cut from the Symphony Border, misted it, and stamped to correlate with my bakcground.

I LOVE keys. I've painted this one from the Vintage Keys set with gesso, applied a very light pink mist to it, and then stamped over top. Then I brushed on some Stickles, added the heart gem and some tulle at the top.

This Vintage Locks piece was also lightly misted and then stamped.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Princess Window 074578

Vintage Locks 074783

Vintage Keys 075032


"Our Bond"
My second project is a layout, featuring how easy it is to use chipboard in its raw fashion, which I love to do! 

The Calligraphic Border provides dimension, texture, and detail to the layering beneath my photos. I felt that by leaving it raw, it really stood out like I wanted it to :).


Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Calligraphic Border 074363

Vintage Keys 075032

"Hello" {Tag}
My final project today is this tag. I love the smaller chipboard pieces for projects like these! So much fun to put together :)

I've combined a dress form from the Miss Taylor Set, as well as the larger butterfly out of the Brigitte Butterfly set to dress up this tag. I used a combination of Glimmer Mist and embossing powder to set the base of my dress form. I then added the tulle skirt and some seed beads for the bodice. Finally, the little heart accent was put in place.

For the butterfly, I used some light misting and embossing powder as well, before adding my stamping. Finally I trimmed up the tops of the wings with some microbeads.

Blue Fern Studios Chipbpoard Used:

Miss Taylor Set 074721

Brigitte Butterfly Set 074387

Thanks so very much for stopping by the blog today! I hope you enjoyed my projects- and that you're inspired to go out and get some BFS chipboard for yourself!

Take care and see you again soon :),

xErin

6 comments:

  1. They are all gorgeous Erin! Love all the different treatments for the chipboards :)























    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic projects, Erin! I just adore that dress form on your tag, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Erin! I especially enjoyed those wonderful close-up pics of your chipboard techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, these are stunning projects Erin!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your chippy treatment is soooooo cool to see up close. Love the lightness you achieve in your work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore them all, impossible to choose a fab! All your projects are gorgeous, your way with colour combinations and details is amazing! Fantastic work with the chipboard! xox

    ReplyDelete