Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Two Layouts by Kelly Foster

Hi everyone - Kelly here! So glad you have stopped by..I have two layouts to share, and I'll just get right to it!

A Beautiful Day

I created this layout, taking photos from one of the first days of spring we had here, and wanted to create an earthy but springy-vibrant page. I used one of the Organic Vine Corners, and I cut it in two, to place opposite one another in my clusters. I love how the one below the photos sort of mimic's my daughter's hair blowing in the wind! I dabbed various inks onto the chipboard using a sponge, and then added a touch of a textured medium to give it more dimension.


Below you can see the other half, which was treated the same way.


Below I have used one of the gorgeous Regal Ornaments, to which I applied the same techniques above, then tucked under my flower cluster.


Organic Vine Corner
Organic Vine Corner - Large

Regal Ornaments
Regal Ornaments - Click Image to Close

Cherished

On this layout, I have used just one piece of chipboard, but it is what I think of as a "statement piece" in that it is just SO beautiful and really added something awesome to my page. The Bordeaux Layered Frame is two pieces, so it can have a really dimensional look. 


The technique on this frame, well it was all a big experiment, and this is the result of layers and layers of "trying this and that." I simply painted the back panel of it white with gesso so that the ornate part would really stand out. I then did some embossing, painting with multiple colors of spray mist, dabbing with gesso where things got too dark, then repeat, until I got what I was going for! I also wrapped a bit of jewelry wire around the left side of the frame.


I love that even though my background and embellishments are quite "busy," this beautiful frame piece really draws the eye to the photo.


Bordeaux Layered Frame
Bordeaux Layered Frame


Thanks a bunch for stopping in today!! Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. OMG Kells!! these are both AWESOME!! I totally adore that cobolt frame, super super super gorgeous pages! Girl you just rock!! mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. both your LOs are totally beautiful, Kelly! love your artistic projects with a lot of textures and bold colors! that photo on the second LO is so adorable! ♥

    ReplyDelete